Our partners enhance the level and quality of services available to families and greatly contribute to their success. This collaborative effort is a key component in supporting homeless families as they work toward self-sufficient housing.
Drake House Partners include:
- Neighbor to Neighbor Partners
- Community Partners
- Referral Partners
Neighbor to Neighbor Partners
- Groups participating in this program take “ownership” of an apartment by painting and furnishing it, and providing that homey touch. A plaque denoting this sponsorship is placed near the doorway to the apartment.
- Volunteers are identified within the group to serve as mom and child advocates for the family, working one on one with the mother and the children to support, and encourage the family during their stay. These volunteers will be screened and participate in an advocate training session conducted by Drake House staff.
- While in residence the sponsor team may assist with gathering used clothing or other items the family may need. Sponsoring the family for Christmas is a favored duty of the sponsoring team.
- During the family’s transition the group assists the family with move out which may include gathering used furniture and household items for the family’s new home. The group then readies the apartment for the next Drake House family.
- Sponsorship also includes providing a monthly donation of a minnimum of $300 to assist with utility costs and other costs associated with the apartment.
The following organizations sponsor an apartment at The Drake House:
- Alpharetta First United Methodist Church
- Alpharetta Presbyterian Church
- American Honda Finance Corporation
- First Baptist Church of Roswell
- Northbrook United Methodist
- North River Baptist Church
- Northview Church of Christ
- Roswell Presbyterian Church
- Roswell United Methodist Church
- St James United Methodist Church
- St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church
- Temple Kehillat Chaim
- Zion Missionary Baptist Church
Community Partners 2013
Corporations and Businesses:
- American Honda Motor Co, Inc.
- Arby’s Foundation
- Callicutt & Dayries, LLC
- Coldwell Banker Cares Foundation
- Colonial Pipeline
- Georgia Power
- Georgia Power Foundation
- Hartford Fire Insurance Co.
- Hewlett Packard (HP)
- Honda Financial Services
- ING North American INS Corp.
- Intrepid Learning Systems, Inc.
- Jackson Acura
- JM Family Enterprises/DataScan
- Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Keyworth Bank
- Kimberly Clark
- McMaster-Carr Supply Company
- Morningstar Storage
- Neiman Marcus Group
- Northside Hospital
- Publix Super Market Charities
- Recruit Screen
- Southern BMW Dealers
- SunTrust Bank Foundation
- Shapiro & Swertfeger
- The Atlanta Academy, Inc.
- TJX Foundation
- Turf Masters Lawn Care, Inc.
- Verint Americas Inc
- Verizon Wireless
- Wells Fargo
- Alpharetta Rotary Club
- Cut Out Hunger
- Junior League of Gwinnett & North Fulton Counties
- National Charity League of Roswell/Alpharetta
- National Charity League of Gardenia
- National Charity League of Milton
- Roswell Rotary Club
- Roswell Women’s Club
- Windward Rotary Club
- Young Men’s Service League of Milton
- Atlanta Women’s Foundation
- Alpharetta Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Atlanta Remodelers Council
- City of Johns Creek
- City of Roswell
- Country Club of the South
- Historic Roswell Convention and Visitors Bureau
- HomeAid Atlanta
- North Fulton Chamber of Commerce
- The Community Foundation of Greater Atlanta
Families learn about The Drake House from their child’s school social worker or other social service providers in the community who are assisting them in some way and learn of the family’s homelessness. The referral partner then offers the Drake House application to the families in need and forwards the completed application to The Drake House for follow up. They also provide the needed Third Party Verification of Homelessness required by some funders.
The following organizations support The Drake House through referrals: