2013 Volunteer Appreciation Dinner Click here to view
The Drake House is fortunate to have a team of volunteers to support and supplement the efforts of the staff. For all that they do to enable us to continue our mission to empower single mothers and their families, the Board of Directors and The Drake House staff extend their sincere gratitude to all volunteers. It is our hope that you will thoughtfully consider joining our family of volunteers.
Interested in Volunteering?
There are three broad categories to focus your interests:
- Drake Center volunteers are responsible for donation management, pantry sorting and stocking, general office work, supply shopping, special event assistance, and support for our Family Service Professionals
- The Drake House is looking for compassionate volunteers to serve as mentor/advocates to encourage and support a mother or child as they move through the empowerment program. Additionally, occasional childcare is needed for young children during the day while moms are in meetings or workshops.
- The Drake Closet volunteers will assist with receiving donations, sorting and displaying of clothing, customer service and/or sales at our women’s resale boutique.
Requirements for Volunteers
An important goal of The Drake House is for all residents, staff and volunteers to have a safe and fulfilling experience while at The Drake House and The Drake Closet. We are required by law to report any instances of abuse or neglect, including lack of supervision, to the Georgia Department of Children and Family Services. It is a policy of The Drake House that all staff members, residents and volunteers understand and are required to sign off on The Drake House Child Protection Policy. Click the link to read the complete policy.
- Attend the General Volunteer Orientation Session held at The Drake Center, 10500 Clara Drive, Roswell, GA 30075
(If you are participating in a one time service project with a group, you do not need to attend an orientation.)
- Complete the application distributed at Orientation. The Application contains: contact information, liability waiver, background check permission form, TDH Child Protection Policy and volunteer interest survey
Upcoming Orientation Dates:
Due to an overwhelming outpouring of support from the community, the slots for our scheduled Volunteer Orientations have been filled. Please complete the form below and we will notify you once the Orientations resume. We will put you on our mailing list and hope that you will support our mission by participating in TDH events. We truly appreciate your interest and value the time our volunteers spend with us. For that reason we limit the number of volunteers until there is a meaningful amount of service for everyone.
We currently do have a need for volunteers at The Drake Closet in Roswell and Alpharetta. If you are interested in volunteering at The Drake Closet please complete the form and select the Closet on the drop down menu.
Thank you very much
If you need further information please contact Lynn Canty, Volunteer and Resource Coordinator, at 770.587.4712 ext.305 or email Lcanty@thedrakehouse.org
“When was the last time you saw a ROI (Return on Investment) on your charity dollars?“ …by Eddie Mathis on Friday, March 18, 2011 at 12:10am
Commentary on Charitable Return on Investments by Eddie Mathis Click here to read commentary