Neighbor to Neighbor
- Groups participating in this program take “ownership” of an apartment by painting and furnishing it, and providing that homey touch. A plaque denoting this sponsorship is placed near the doorway to the apartment.
- Volunteers are identified within the group to serve as mom and child advocates for the family, working one on one with the mother and the children to support, and encourage the family during their stay. These volunteers will be screened and participate in an advocate training session conducted by Drake House staff.
- While in residence the sponsor team may assist with gathering used clothing or other items the family may need. Sponsoring the family for Christmas is a favored duty of the sponsoring team.
- During the family’s transition the group assists the family with move out which may include gathering used furniture and household items for the family’s new home. The group then readies the apartment for the next Drake House family.
- Sponsorship also includes providing a monthly donation of a minnimum of $300 to assist with utility costs and other costs associated with the apartment.
The following organizations sponsor an apartment at The Drake House:
- Alpharetta Presbyterian Church
- Alpharetta First United Methodist Church
- First Baptist Church of Roswell (3 apartments)
- Northbrook United Methodist Church
- Northview Church of Christ
- North River Baptist Church
- Roswell Presbyterian Church (2 apartments)
- Roswell United Methodist Church
- St. James United Methodist Church
- St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church
- Temple Kehillat Chaim
- Zion Missionary Baptist Church