Individual Volunteer Opportunities
You have the power to make a difference in your community. More than 55% of poverty level families in Alpharetta and John’s Creek are single female-headed households. Become a volunteer with The Drake House to help us enable these women to reach financial self-sufficiency and stable housing.
Volunteers Ages 12 and Younger
For safety and issues of confidentiality we ask that young volunteers help in the following ways:
- For their birthday party ask a guest to bring an item for The Drake House (e.g., food, cleaning supplies, etc.)
- Hold a lemonade stand, dog wash, pet sit, make friendship bracelets or sell hair bows and donate the money to The Drake House.
- Gather friends and attend Miss Mary's Ice Cream Crankin in August.
- Hold a supply drive and have fun making the posters and fliers.
Volunteer Application and Additional Information
An important goal of The Drake House is for all residents, staff, and volunteers to have a safe and fulfilling experience while at The Drake House and The Drake Closet. Our policy requires that all staff members, residents, and volunteers understand and sign The Drake House Child Protection Policy. We are required by law to report any instances of abuse or neglect, including lack of supervision, to the Georgia Department of Children and Family Services.
Steps to becoming a Drake House volunteer:
The Drake Center
- Weekday: Office assistance with donation management, data entry, career support, special events, correspondence, food pantry, donations management and some babysitting.
- After school: Tutoring, enrichment programs (music, art, sports, etc.)
- Ongoing: Grounds maintenance, building maintenance, food pantry, etc.
- Limited: Trained mentors are needed for mothers and children as they move through the program. Mentor training is required. We have a special need for male mentors.
The Drake Closet
Our retails stores in Alpharetta, Roswell, and Sandy Springs rely on regular volunteers.
- Weekday: One or more weekly shifts for about 2-3 hours. All three stores are open Tuesdays through Fridays from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Weekend: Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Request: Volunteers needed to assist on the sales floor, provide customer service, hang/straighten/organize store merchandise and help with special events.
Invest your time in helping those who need it most.
Volunteering with The Drake House enables you to help end homelessness in North Fulton.